Jarczow Jewish Cemetery
Jarczów was founded as a private town in 1755 under the Magdeburg Law. Jews have lived there since the founding of the town. The synagogue complex was located just behind the northwest corner of the market. In 1886, 328 Jews lived among 386 inhabitants (87% of the total population), and in 1921, there were 208 Jews among 956 inhabitants (22% of the total population). During World War II, the Germans destroyed the buildings of the synagogue complex and, after the war, the ruins were pulled down. In 1942, the Germans deported the Jews to the death camp in Bełżec.
The cemetery was likely established just after the town was founded and was located about 300 metres southwest of the market square, among the fields. It was gradually expanded over the years and, in the second half of the 19th century, it covered an area of 1 morga (approximately 0.56 hectares (ha)). During World War II, the Germans destroyed the cemetery, and the tombstones were used to reinforce the roads. Today, the original 18th-century remains of the cemetery, which covers a quadrilateral-shaped plot of land with an approximate area of 0.06 ha, are visible. The cemetery is moreover covered with trees and there are more than a dozen fragmented limestone and sandstone tombstones. The oldest matzevah is dates to approximately 1760–1780. The other part of the cemetery is used as arable land. The boundaries of the cemetery are imperceptible. So far, two matzevot were removed from the streets, one of which was mounted on the wall at the church square, and the other of which was placed in the cemetery.