Jand New Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish cemeteries in Jánd, the newer of which was in use as early as 1908, since the oldest tombstone found in this cemetery dates back to that year. The latest discovered tombstones were erected in 1914. The cemetery appears to have been a part of a local Reform cemetery.
In 1851, there were 12 Jewish inhabitants in the village who were rich in wood, hay, fruit, and fish. In 1880, among the village’s total population of 814, 69 were Jews. The number of Jewish residents, however, steadily declined in the following decades and by 1941 only 37 Jews remained in the settlement. Painter Dávid Jándi (born in 1893) is the only famous Jewish from Jánd.