Ivanytsya Jewish Cemetery
Ivanytsya was established in 16th century. The earliest known Jewish Community in the town dated back to the second half of the 19th century. As of 1890 there were around 50 Jewish families, whose general activity was trade. In 1886 there were 16 shops and 10 taverns in the town, some of which were supposedly Jewish-owned. As of 1910, the number had dropped to 36. In 1917, the Jewish community survived a pogrom. By1930, only 6 Jews remained. As of 2001, the total population numbered 1,858 people. Ivanytsya was occupied from September 15th, 1941 until September 17th, 1943. Locals recall the cemetery was demolished before WWII, in the 1930s. The Jewish population left the town during the Civil war of 1918-1919 because of the pogroms.