Ivanopil Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the 19th century. It is marked on maps from the 1870s and 1941. During the expedition of the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage in 1995, there were 20 tombstones and a mass grave.
Ivanopil’ (Ukr. Іванопіль, Rus. Иванополь, until 1946 Ianushpol’ – Ukr. Янушпіль, Rus. Янушполь, Yid. יאַנעשפּאָליע) had Jewish residents as early as in 1569. The Jewish population grew from 605 in 1847 to 1,251 (25% of the town) in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue, a prayer house and a talmud-torah. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the community survived a number of pogroms. A Jewish elementary school operated in the interwar period.
There were 721 Jewish residents in the town in 1939. After the arrival of the Germans in 1941, the Jews were confined in a ghetto. The majority of them were murdered in May 1942 along with Jews from the surrounding areas.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown, however it is marked on maps from the 1870s.