Ivanivka Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it is marked on a Russian map from 1917. Presumably, the cemetery was operating in the early 20th century. It can be supposed that it was demolished after WWII and later built over.
In 1897, 1,438 Jews (75% of the total population) were residing in Ivanivka. During the Soviet period, a Jewish elementary school was operating. In 1939, the Jewish population was reduced to 353 individuals (19% of the total population). German-Romanian forces occupied Ivanivka in August 1941. 342 Jews (29 locals and 319 refugees from Moldavia) were murdered not long after the occupation. In August 1943, four Jewish children were killed. In total, 526 Jews were executed during the occupation.