Ivaniv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Given the oldest tombstone is dated 1908, it can be inferred the cemetery was already in use by the early 20th century. It can be found marked on maps of Western Russia from 1900.
There is not much information on the Jewish community of Ivaniv. In 1765, there were 765 Jewish residents. In 1887, the Jewish population of Ivaniv was 44% of the town and there were 3 synagogues by 1889. According to the census of 1897 the population grew to 2,088 Jews out of the total of 5,545 (37.7%).
The jewish community was involved in crafting and trading. The Jewish community survived a pogrom between July 11th-15th 1919, in which 300 Jews were murdered. In 1926 there were 1,931 Jews living there.
Ivaniv was occupied on July 27th 1941, and a ghetto was established. On May 30th, 814 Jews were executed and 200 more were executed later. The total number of those killed was 1,008 Jews.
After the war some Jews returned to Ivaniv.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery was established no later than in the early 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1908. The cemetery is marked on the maps from the 1900s of the region. The most recent gravestone dates to 1982. There are around 40 gravestones. The cemetery land is used for cattle grazing.