Husakiv Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery existed at this site at least from 18th century, as it is shown as Jewish cemetery on the First Military survey map of Habsburg empire in 1780s. Possibly, its oldest part was beyond the marked perimeter, at the site marked on WIG map of 1930s as Christian cemetery (north from the Jewish one). However, the marked perimeter is shown as a Jewish cemetery on the WIG map of 1930s. Presumably, the cemetery was demolished during or after WWII.
The Jews were present in Husakiv since the early 17th century. The Jewish community had already existed from the first half of the 18th century. The Jews of Husakiv engaged in trading, money lending and crafting. In 1880, the Jewish population numbered 564 (42.2% of the total population). In 1900, it grew to 629 (41.9% of the total population). The bookbinder public society “Tikun-Sfarim” operated in the pre-war period. At the same time, the Zionist organizations became active in Husakiv. The economic condition of the community severely declined during WWI. It affected the Jewish population which reduced to 249 (25.6% of the total population) in 1921. The Wehrmacht troops occupied Husakiv, started a pogrom and burnt a synagogue on June 22, 1941. The Jews of Husakiv were deported to the ghettos of the surrounding cities in November 1942.