Hraniv Jewish Cemetery
According to IAJGS, the cemetery was founded in hte 18th century, with the last known Jewish burial taking place in 1941. According to local residents, the cemetery was plundered for building materials at the end of World War II.
The date of the arrival of the first Jews in Hraniv is unknown. The first information about Jews dates back to 1738, when the village suffered at the hands of the Haidamaks. According to the census of 1765, Hraniv was home to 662 Jews. In 1776 the Jewish population had fallen five fold to 146 Jews. The population started to regrow slowly and it doubled by 1790, to 396 Jews. According to the census of 1897, the Jewish population numbered 753, of a total population of 6,850. The Jewish community was engaged in crafting and trade.
At the end of the 19th century a synagogue operated in Hraniv. The rabbi was David Shapiro (1850—?).
In 1926 the population was only 161
Hraniv was occupied on July 27, 1941. Those who didn’t manage to leave were executed in 1942.
As of 2020, there is no information on the modern Jewish community.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The cemetery could not be found marked on old maps of the region. According to IAJGS, the Jewish cemetery was established in the 18th century. There is a monument that there was a cemetery in the village. The last known Jewish burial took place in 1941. The cemetery was destroyed at the end of World War II, the stones were used for building purposes. The site is now used for cattle grazing.