Hetefejercse Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in the modern village of Hetefejércse was in use as early as 1866, the year in which it appears on a cadastral map. This cemetery belonged to the Jewish community of Hete. The latest tombstone found in the cemetery was erected in 1939. The cemetery has not been fenced.
The first Jews settled in Hete in the mid-19th century. 5 Jews lived there in 1840 and 7 in 1880. After this, the Jewish population increased and by 1910 there were 24 Jews in the town. In 1941 the Jewish population numbered 12 people. In the Yad Vashem database, 19 Jews from Hete are reported to have been killed in the Holocaust.