Hajduszovat Old Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish сеmeteries in Hajdúszovát. The older cemetery was established as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The cemetery has been fenced, though no gravestones have been found. It presumably ceased its operations when the second cemetery was opened (as late as 1919).
In 1840, 61 Jews lived in Hajdúszovát. The synagogue was built in 1870 but has since been demolished. In 1880, Jews accounted for 131 people of the village’s total population (3,271). The Jewish population in the village never changed significantly over the following decades. There were 127 Jews in the village in 1910, 137 in 1920, 144 in 1930, and 141 in 1941.