Hajduszovat New Jewish Cemetery
There were two Jewish сеmeteries in Hajdúszovát. The newer cemetery was established as early as 1919, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The latest tombstone was erected in 1942. The cemetery has been fenced. There is a Holocaust memorial in the territory.
In 1840, 61 Jews lived in Hajdúszovát. The synagogue was built in 1870 but has since been demolished. In 1880, Jews accounted for 131 people of the village’s total population (3,271). The Jewish population in the village never changed significantly over the following decades. There were 127 Jews in the village in 1910, 137 in 1920, 144 in 1930, and 141 in 1941.