Grabowiec New Jewish Cemetery
The new Jewish cemetery in Grabowiec was established in 1891 and is located approximately 1 km south-east of the market square, in a ravine. There is no detailed information about its history or its appearance. In the interwar period, the cemetery was shaped like an elongated, irregular pentagon, and covered an area of approximately 1.3 hectares. During World War II, it was wrecked by the Germans, and the matzevot were used for construction purposes. The Nazis executed Jews in the cemetery (there is information about at least 33 people who were killed), and the bodies were buried in mass graves that are unmarked and have not been located. After the war, all traces of the cemetery disappeared. Currently, the area is densely covered with self-seeding trees and shrubs. There are no traces of the cemetery and the borders are imperceptible. In recent years, tombstones found in the town and its vicinity have been gathered in the building of the Regional Remembrance Chamber. So far, 29 matzevot have been found. 26 of them are from the new cemetery (the oldest one dates to 1894) and are made of sandstone and limestone.