Gola Jewish Cemetery
Gola is a municipality in Koprivnica-Križevci County that borders Hungary. Some settlements began to develop there in the 18th century, and a new village on the banks of the Drava river was recorded as “Novo Selo” in 1802. The name “Gola” was first mentioned in the register in 1822 and, just a year earlier in 1821, the village had 52 households. In the 1851, the village was devasted by floods and a cholera epidemic. Despite this, population of the village continued to grow. In 1857, there were 1,270 inhabitants in Gola and by 1910 the population had grown to 2,061 people.
The Jewish cemetery was founded in 1875 and is located near the Christian cemetery. In February 2009, there were about 10 dilapidated tombs in this cemetery. The oldest burial in the cemetery dates to 1886, and the last burial took place in 1939.