Gesztered Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Geszteréd was in use as early as 1870, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The latest tombstone found in this cemetery dates to 1892, though the cemetery presumably remained active for some years after. There is a Holocaust memorial and a few symbolic gravestones in the cemetery, forming a memorial park.
In 1828, the Jewish community of Geszteréd had a population of 36, and reached its peak in 1851 when, according to census records, 95 Jews lived in the town. By 1941, only 40 Jews remained in the village. In the same year, young Jews were sent to do forced labour. During the spring of 1944, the community was deported to Auschwitz.