Garbolc Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Garbolc existed as early as 1895, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year.
Garbolc is the easternmost settlement in Hungary. In 1840, 19 Jews lived there. In 1880, of the village’s total population of 292, 29 were Jews. In the following years there were 35 Jews in 1910, 23 in 1920, 33 in 1930, and 17 in 1941. The Jewish inhabitants of Garbolc were detained in the Szatmárnémeti (Satu Mare) Ghetto in 1944. There used to be a synagogue in the village which does not exist anymore.