Dzyunkiv Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the early 19th century.
There is not much information on the Jewish community of Dz’un’kiv. In 1765, there were 137 Jewish residents. In 1865, there was a synagogue. From 1889, the rabbi was Shmuel-Judah Dinin. According to the census of 1897, the Jewish community numbered 1,137 people, out of the total of 4,314. The jewish community was involved in trade and crafting. In 1919 the Jewish community survived a pogrom and byy 1926 there were only 365 Jews living there.
Dz’un’kiv was occupied in July 1941. In April 1942, 94 Jews were murdered.
There is no information on the modern Jewish community of Dz’un’kiv.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the early 19th century. The cemetery is marked on old maps from the 1900s of the region. There are 4 damaged and poorly readable tombstones. The other gravestones were looted for construction purposes. The cemetery is abandoned.