Dunayiv Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is not known, but the earliest found gravestones dates back to the 1840s. The cemetery was marked on an Austrian map from 1880. Presumably, the cemetery was operating until WWII.
The first records on the Jews in Dunayiv date back to 1629. In 1765, 50 Jews were living in Dunayiv. In 1880, 331 Jews resided in Dunayiv (18% of the total population). In 1900, the Jewish population numbered 338 (14% of the total population). During WWI, many Jewish houses, as well as the synagogue, were destroyed. By 1921, the Jewish population was reduced to 95 (4% of the total population). During the 1930s, a synagogue and a heder were operating. The entire Jewish population of Dunayiv was deported in September 1942.