Derazhne Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located in a wooded area to the North of the bank of Horyn River, 900 metres from Derazhne Forestry.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a 1.5 metre tall concrete wall with a metal gate installed in October 2017 by ESJF.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is located in woodland, where the ground is somewhat overgrown with grass and bushes. The wall is in excellent condition, but some clearance is required.
Number of existing gravestones
35. There are multiple fragments scattered around the site.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but according to the dates on the preserved tombstones it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the late 19th century. First it appears on Russian topographic maps in 1880s and, later, was also marked on Polish map of 1939. The fence was erected by ESJF in 2017.