Daugai Jewish Cemetery
Given the oldest preserved tombstone dates to 1809, it can be inferred the cemetery was founded no later than the early 19th century.
The first Jews likely arrived in Daugai (Pl. Daugi, Yid. דויג) in the late 16th century. A congregation was established in the late 18th century. In 1897, the Jewish community numbered 511, or 40% of the total population. There was a large Jewish emigration both before WWI and in the interwar period and Zionist organisations were active. In 1936, there were 396 Jews in Daugai, or 33% of the total population. After the German invasion in 1941, most of the Jews were murdered, there were only a few survivors. In 1970, 2 Jews still lived in Daugai. Later censuses registered no Jewish population.