Csegold Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Csegöld was most likely established after 1894, since it does not appear on the cadastral map of that year. Judging by the cemetery’s location, it can be assumed that the cemetery was opened as a Jewish section in the Christian cemetery of the settlement. At least two gravestones (one of which depicts a Star of David and some Hebrew letters) are preserved, but the inscriptions are illegible.
Csegöld is a village in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county. In 1880, among the village’s total population of 777, 10 residents were Jewish. By 1910, the number of Jews in the town was 15, and by 1930, it increased to 21. However, in 1941, Jews only accounted for 10 individuals of the town’s total population of 1,187. After World War II, three houses which initially belonged to Jews were sold to locals.