Csaholc Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Csaholc first appears on the cadastral maps from 1899. However, it certainly existed earlier since the oldest gravestone found in the cemetery dates to 1883. The newest gravestone found in the cemetery is from 1941. The cemetery, which is situated behind the Csaholc water tower, was repaired by the Council of Brooklyn Descendants, who also erected a concrete wall around the cemetery.
Csaholc is a village located in Szabolcs-Szatmár Bereg County. In 1880, among the village’s 496 inhabitants, 35 were Jewish. In 1910, the Jewish community numbered 46 individuals, their numbers, however, decreased in the following decades. By 1941, Jews merely accounted for 27 people among the town’s population of 667. There was a synagogue in the village, but it was demolished.