Chopovychi Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemtery establishment is unknown. It emerged no later than the early 20th century, as the earliest tombstone dates to 1916.
Chopovychi (Ukr. Чоповичі, Rus. Чоповичи, Yid. טשעפּאָוויטש) had a Jewish population of 919 in 1897 and 1,533 in 1926, which was 16% of the total population. As of 1885, the Jewish community maintained a prayer house. It is known that 165 local Jews were murdered by the Nazis on the road to Korosten’ in August 1941.
The cemetery was likely founded around 1900. The earliest tombstone dates from 1916.