Chervone Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was estabalished in the 19th century. It is marked on the Russian map from the 1870’s, on the map of Western Russia in the 1900’s and on the Red Army map of 1941.
Chervone (Ukr.Червоне, Rus. Червоное, Yid. טשערוואָנע) likely had a Jewish community as early as in the 18th century. The Jewish community numbered 363 in 1847. Many of the Jews were employed at the sugar factory, established in 1871. As of 1897, there were 711 Jews in Chervone, which was 27% of the total population. The community had its own rabbi and maintained a beit midrash, which was converted into a Soviet clubroom in 1929. There was also a Jewish school. In 1939, the Jewish population of Chervone was 411. The majority of the Jews were murdered by the Nazis in 1941. There is currently no Jewish community in Chervone.
The cemetery was likely founded in the 19th century. The cemetery is marked on maps from the 1870s. The earliest tombstone dates back to 1895.