Cegenydanyad Jewish Cemetery Two
There were two Jewish cemeteries in Cégénydányád, both of which appeared on the cadastral maps from 1896. However, one of the cemeteries existed as early as 1856, according to the date on its oldest existing tombstone. The latest tombstone on this cemetery dates back to 1886, and it is unknown whether the burials were conducted here afterwards.
Cégénydányád is a settlement in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county. The total population of the village in 1880 was 760, in that year, there were 61 Jewish residents. In 1920, there were no more than 38 Jews living in Cégénydányád. By 1941, the total population was 1017, out of which there were only 52 Jewish residents.
According to information from April, 1944, the community did have a communal fund, as such the repair costs of the house of prayer were covered from occasional donations. The members paid the church tax to the community of Fehérgyarmat, which was 311 Pengő in 1943. Other members of the congregation were poor, did not pay taxes and received support from the community instead.
On May 31st 1944, many Jews from the area were entrained in Mátészalka and sent to death camps, including the Jews of Cégénydányád.
The Jewish house of prayer in Cégénydányád was demolished.