Byshiv Jewish Cemetery
There is almost no information on the Byshiv Jewish cemetery. The only legible preserved matzeva found in the Kolkhoz dates to 1914, but it is unknown whether this is a remnant of the older cemetery or the newer one. It has been posited that the old cemetery in Byshiv already existed in the 19th century, but it cannot be found marked on a mid 19th century Russian map of the region.
It is known that Jews settled in Byshiv from 1721. In 1765 Byshiv community numbered 142 people. In 1768, the Jews of Byshiv were victims of the Haidamak pogroms. Jewish population numbers peaked in 1864 at 780, and dropped to 597 by 1897 (16,9%) . At the end of 19th centuries there were two synagogues and a Talmud-torah in Byshiv. During the Civil War in 1919-1920 there were several pogroms in Byshiv. Many Jews fled Byshev at that period. In 1926 only 32 Jews remain in the town. At September 1941 most of the Byshiv Jews were shot by Ukrainian police. In 1950-1970s there were some dozens of Jews living in Byshiv.