Bushtyno Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located adjacent to the synagogue at 32a, Voloshyna Street. Enter the site through the yard of the synagogue.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by a concrete fence with metal gates
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is slightly overgrown. It requires clearing. The fence is in good condition. The cemetery is still operating.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is the ohel of Rabbi Mordehai of Nadvirna (died in 1895) and his descendants on the cemetery site.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Since it was not marked on a cadastral map of 1865, most likely it appeared later. The earliest preserved gravestone relates to the end of the 19th century. The cemetery is fenced.