Brusyliv Old Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservationo of Jewish Heritage, the Jewish cemetery was established between the 18th century and the early 20th century). It is marked on a Russian map of 1930.
Brusyliv (Ukr. Брусилів, Rus. Брусилов, Yid. ברוסילעוו) had a Jewish presence as early as 1622. The Jewish population grew from 412 in 1775, to 2,884 in 1847, and had reached 3,575 Jewish residents (53% of the town) by 1897. The town had a synagogue and 2 Jewish prayer houses as of 1885. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the community suffered heavily due to pogroms. In 1939, the Jewish population of Brusyliv was 171. The majority of Brusyliv’s Jews were murdered soon after the arrival of the Germans in 1941.
According to the 1994–95 survey of the Jewish Preservation Committee (KSEN), the cemetery may have been founded in the 18th century. It was marked on a map from 1930. The area is now used as a street market.