Brusyliv New Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was founded in the 2nd half of the 19th century, the last funeral was in 1941. It is marked on a Russian map from 1930.
Brusyliv (Ukr. Брусилів, Rus. Брусилов, Yid. ברוסילעוו) had a Jewish presence as early as 1622. The Jewish population grew from 412 in 1775, to 2,884 in 1847, and had reached 3,575 Jewish residents (53% of the town) by 1897. The town had a synagogue and 2 Jewish prayer houses as of 1885. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the community suffered heavily due to pogroms. In 1939, the Jewish population of Brusyliv was 171. The majority of Brusyliv’s Jews were murdered soon after the arrival of the Germans in 1941.
According to the 1994–95 survey of the Jewish Preservation Committee (KSEN), the cemetery was founded in the second half of the 19th century. The cemetery was demolished in the 1960s and the land was used for a sand quarry.