Botpalad Old Jewish Cemetery
The old Jewish cemetery in is marked on the cadastral map of 1896. The oldest found tombstone in the old Jewish cemetery in Botpalád dates to 1873 and the newest to 1907. Since then, burials were presumably conducted in the new cemetery.
Botpalád is a village in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county. In 1880, the village had 44 Jewish residents, at which time the total population was 830. By 1910, the Jewish community increased to 52, however after this year, the number of Jews in the village began to decline. By 1941, among the town’s total population of 939, only 15 Jews remained in the village.