Bohodukhiv Jewish Cemetery
The city of Bohodukhiv (Ukr. Богодухів, Rus. Богодухов, Yid. באָהאָדוכאָוו) had a small Jewish community: only 7 Jews lived there in 1868. In 1897, when the total population stood at 11,702, the Jews numbered only 89. The Jewish community is known to have maintained a cemetery in 1910 and a cheder in 1916. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the Jews were attacked in a pogrom. There were 136 Jewish residents in Bohodukhiv in 1939.
After the Germans arrived in October 1941, all the Jews who remained in Bohodukhiv were confined in one building and forced to perform labour. The last 34 or 35 Jews were shot on the 23rd of June 1942.
According to the 2001 census, less than 10 Jews lived in Bohodukhiv and the surrounding areas.
It is likely that the cemetery was established in the early 20th century, as the oldest tombstone dates back to 1910. The cemetery has survived however, it is now mostly used by non-Jews.