Bobrovytsya Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region. Today no visible traces of the cemetery or its boundaries remain.
The earliest known Jewish community Bobrovytsya was established in the first half of the 19th century. In 1869, a Jewish prayer house was opened. In 1889, Abraham Getselev Tseitlin was elected rabbi, Mezhirov Berko Mihelev was elected gabay, and Eliyash Epshtein treasurer. According to the census of 1897, 671 Jews lived in Bobrovytsya. There were 3 pogroms. The first pogrom took place on October 27, 1905, during which 27 Jewish shops were robbed. The second, on September 2, 1919, carried out by units from Denikin’s Army, involved the killing of four Jews. On January 2, 1920, the Romashko gang killed 38 Jews.
In 1926, the Jewish population of Bobrovytsya numbered 154 people. Bobrovytsa was occupied by the Germans on September 15, 1941. It was liberated on on September 9, 1943 by partisans. The exact number of Jews killed during the period is unknown (some estimates say 17 Jews were killed).
As of 2013 no Jews lived in Bobrovytsa.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It is said to have been established in the 19th century, and the last known Hasidic burial took place on the site in 1941. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region. The cemetery was demolished in the late 1980s. Today no visible traces of the cemetery or its boundaries remain.