Biecz Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Biecz (ul. Tysiąclecia) was established in the mid-19th century. It is located outside the city centre, near the Grabiny forest. During World War II, the cemetery was devastated by the Germans. Stone tombstones were used to harden the pavement in the city. In the years 1941-1942, the Nazis shot Jews in Biecz. They are buried in a mass grave at this site.
The area is surrounded by a wire mesh fence.
On the mass graves of Jews shot during World War II (1941-1942), a monument was erected with an inscription in Polish and Hebrew: “In memory of Jews from Biecz and the vicinity murdered by Nazi thugs in camps, ghettos and forests in the forests 1939-1945. Monument. it was renewed in 1966 with Joint funds”.