Berehomet Jewish Cemetery
Presumably, the cemetery was established in 1869, and it was a New Jewish cemetery in Berehomet. It can be supposed that it was demolished after WWII in the 1960-80s and later built over. An ohel was erected on the cemetery site in the 2000s by the Ohaley Tzadikkim organization.
Jews first settled in Berehomet in the 17th century. By the end of the 17th century, a Jewish community, a synagogue and a cemetery functioned. The Vizhnitz Hasidic dynasty predominated in the town. The Jews were engaged in the lumber trade, logging and pottery. In the late 19th century, the Jewish community maintained two synagogues, two mikvah baths, three Heder classes and two Talmud-Torah institutions. By the end of the 19th century, the Zionist movement started with the Tomkhe Zion organization. In 1919, a Hebrew school was opened. In the 1920-30s, a religious Zionist organization Mizrachi and youth Zionist organisation Bnei Akiva and Ha-Noar Ha-Zioni operated. In 1930, the Jewish population stood at 979 people (10% of the total population). In 1939, 120 Jews (12% of the total population) resided in Berehomet. During the occupation of the German-Romanian forces in 1941–1943, the half of the Jewish population was murdered. In 1944, the remnants of the Jewish community were expelled to Transnistria, and only a few of them returned. In 1945, the Ukrainian Insurgent Army burned two synagogues and all the Jewish houses and murdered five Jews.