Batakiai Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment could not be determined. Given the date on the oldest tombstone, it can be inferred the cemetery was already in use by the early 20th century.
About 50 Jewish families lived in Batakiai (Pl. Botoki, Yid. באַטאָק) before WWI. The community had a small beit-midrash. All of the Jews were expelled in 1915, and according to the first census in independent Lithuania in 1923, the Jewish population of Batakiai was 88. At the time of the Soviet occupation in 1940, there were about 10 Jewish families in the town. After the Germans arrived in 1941, all of the Jews were murdered.