Banova Jaruga Jewish Cemetery
Banova Jaruga is a village in Croatia in Sisak-Monoslo County and is, administratively, a part of Kutina. It is located at the confluence of the Banovac, Dobrovitsa, and Pakra rivers. This area has been inhabited since the Middle Ages and the village was marked on a map from the first military survey of 1773 as “Dorf Banov Yaruga.” In 1857 the village had a population of 294 people, which grew to 666 people in 1910. Banova Jaruga was known for its production of agricultural goods.
The Jewish cemetery was established in the 19th century and was later abandoned after the World War II. The oldest found burial dates to 1915, and the latest to 1933. One of the most interesting monuments in the cemetery is the Rehnicer family ohel, built at the beginning of the 20th century in the Jewish Classicism architectural style.