Aukstadvaris Jewish Cemetery
Given the oldest preserved tombstone is dated 1884, it can be inferred the cemetery was founded no later than the later 19th century.
In the 19th century the settlement of Aukstadvaris was known as Vysokiy Dvor/ Wysoki Dwor. Jews first settled there before the 17th century. By the end of the 19th century the community comprised 194 people, about 30% of the total, and had grown to 309, or 43,5%, in 1897, according to the census. In the late 19th century Vilna, a city 40 miles away, was the source of the local Jewish cultural, educational, and economic life, including the Haskalah and Zionism activity all over the region, although the town did have its own synagogue. During WWI, most Jews fled from Aukstadvaris and returned after the German conquest of Lithuania. Between the wars two Jews were elected to the local council. Before the Germans entered the town in 1941, the community had numbered 230 people. The locals murdered five Jews right after their invasion and all remaining Jews were put to forced labor. On September 22, 1941, on Rosh ha-Shanah, Jews of Aukstadvaris were brought to Troki and on September 30, on the eve of Yom Kippur, they were executed by the local Lithuanian police. 8 Jews survived in the forests. According to the census of 2001, there are no Jew in Aukstadvaris nowadays.