Andrushivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It emerged no later than the first half of the 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1920. During WWII, according to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the construction of a grain warehouse began on the territory of the cemetery, and restoration work was carried out in the 1980s. It is not marked on maps.
In the mid-18th century, Andrushivka (Ukr. Андрушівка, Rus. Андрушёвка, Yid. אַנדרישיווקע) already had a Jewish population of some 12 Jews. As of 1897, there were 430 Jews in the town, which was 16% of the total population. The interwar period saw some Jewish migration to Andrushivka, where new factories were built by the Soviet authorities. The town had a Jewish elementary school. In 1939, the Jewish population was 658. The majority of the Jews in Andrushivka and the nearby communities were shot by the Nazis in 1941–42. According to the 2001 census, there were only 22 Jews in Andrushivka and the neighbouring area.
It is unknown when the cemetery was founded. The earliest tombstone dates from 1920. The construction of a granary was started on the property during WWII, but the project was abandoned. The cemetery was renovated in the 1980s.