Anarcs Jewish Cemetery
According to the cadastral maps, the Jewish cemetery of Anarcs existed as early as 1870, though it was later destroyed.
The first known Jew living in Anarcs was Izsák Absolon, a stillman who lived around 1740. In 1747 a man named Gregorius Jakobovics, who lived in the village with his family, was recorded as a taxpayer. In 1880 Jews accounted for 105 individuals of the total population of 987. In 1890 this number increased to 132 Jewish residents. However, by 1941, Jews merely accounted for 63 individuals among the total population of 2,153.
The Jewish community was formed at the end of the 19th century and belonged to the rabbinate of Kisvárda. The community had a synagogue, a cemetery, a cheder, and a mikveh. After the war, eight Holocaust survivors returned to the village. In 1949, six Jewish people lived in Anarcs.