Zguritsa Jewish Cemetery
No administrative division by regions
When entering the village from the North-East, turn right at the sign reading “Cimitirul evreiesc 150m” and continue for a further 150 metres. When facing the pond at the end of this route, the cemetery can be found on the right.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Fenced by ESJF in December 2020.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
This is a fenced and well-maintained Jewish cemetery.
Number of existing gravestones
Date of oldest tombstone
Late 19th cent
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
The exact period of the cemetery’s foundation is unknown. However, it can be found marked on maps of the region from 1868 and 1900, and epigraphic data shows it was still in use after WWII. The most recent preserved gravestone dates from the 1990s.